(1) The main entrance to the Leon and Thea Koerner University Centre is in the middle of the south side of the building off of Crescent Road. This entrance is inaccessible due to stairs and leads into the main lobby of the building. Wheelchair users going to Sage Restaurant or Peter Wall Institute conference rooms should use entrance two. Call ahead for assistance as the route to the elevator passes through the Sage kitchen. UCLL Classrooms cannot be accessed from the main entrance -- Use entrance 3.
(2) The second entrance is located at the south east corner of the building - this is the entrance to Peter Wall Institute. This entrance is level and accessible and has a power door. The entrance leads into the service hallway adjacent to the Sage Restaurant as well as to the PWIAS conference and accomodations wing.
(3) The third entrance is located on the north (back) side of the building at the University Centre Lower Level (UCLL), accessed from the courtyard at the back of the building. This entrance is level and accessible and has a power door. This is the entrance for the UCLL Classrooms and also for the Ideas Lunch and Wine Bar. Pedestrians can take the stairs that go down from Flag Pole Plaza along the east side of the building to the Rose Garden level, then turn left and follow the path through the courtyard at the back of the building to entrance 3. Wheelchair uses will need to take the Rose Garden Parkade elevator at the east end of Flag Pole Plaza to Level 5, and then proceed through the Rose Garden to the back of the University Centre.
Other Accessibility Features
- External Accessible Ramp
- Accessible Elevator Available
- Accessible Lift Available
- Accessible Washroom Available
Closest Accessible Parking
- University Centre Lot
Persons using wheelchairs should not use the ramp that leads from the University Centre parking lot to the main entrance as this ramp ends in a curb. Instead, persons using wheelchairs should proceed to the east side of the parking lot and take the ramp that leads to the east side of the building, next to Flag Pole Plaza. From here a curb cut and a path lead to the accessible entrance (entrance two).
Some wings / areas of this building are inaccessible due to stairs.